[juneau-lug] Re: test

  • From: "Chris Ruschmann" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:25:21 -0800

HMM, Something wierd with my mail client. here is a clean version.

--

Which version of the live CD were you using, Warty or Hoary?
I haven't used those Live CD's, I have only used the install

The new Dapper Live CD I have used, and have not had any problems.
It has quite a significant feature that the others do not have which
is Esspresso. It basically allows you to do all your installation from
the live CD in a graphical manner :)

You may want to try the latest release of the Live CD at this url.
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/dapper/flight-6/

Here is an overview of the features.
http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/flight6

Any ideas on where it actually hung? Could have been at the locating NTP server
section, which has a long timeout. If you don't have it plugged into a
connection
with
internet and DHCP, then it will try and connect for about 2 minutes or
so then fail on older releases. I believe this was fixed on Dapper
though.

If I can actually make it to this month's meeting I will
bring in my laptop to show off some of the nice new features it offers
the users. Most notably in Network Configuration.

Regards,
Chris Ruschmann
Byte Networking