[juneau-lug] Re: test

  • From: "Kevin Miller" <Kevin_Miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:05:36 -0800

Chris Ruschmann wrote:
> Lets try this in plain text ;)
>=20
> Go with a real Distro ;)
>=20
> Use Ubuntu Dapper, I have it on my laptop, and I love it.
> Note, it is still in beta right now, so there are some bugs.
> But I think it is still more complete then any of the other Distro's
> out there.=20

A lug meeting or two ago I grabbed a copy of the Ubuntu disks.  The
other day we tried to boot up the live CD on a friends Toshiba laptop.
It hung up part way through.  We were in a hurry, so didn't have time
for multiple tries and such (well, our wives were in a hurry but it
translates the same! <g>).  I know it's not much to go on but have you
encountered any troubles booting it up?  If we can get it to come up OK,
he might be interested in dual booting; XP is currently installed.  He
wants to get more familiar w/Linux, but I hesitate to try an install if
the live CD won't fly...

...Kevin
--=20
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500