[juneau-lug] Re: suggestions for building a new linux box?

  • From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 20:10:09 -0800

On Thursday 24 April 2008 06:59:21 pm Nels Tomlinson wrote:
> Hello, all,
>
> I'm thinking about building a new linux box to replace my roughly 10
> year old current box.

Nels,

You know a good quick & easy option is one of the de-branded HP choices at
geeks.com.  They've got some dual-core AMD 5600+ machines for not a lot of
money.  Those machines have enough oomph for anything you might find on a
Linux Pro DVD.  Although at the rate things are going, 10 years might be
wishful thinking....