[juneau-lug] Re: really headless?

  • From: chakari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:15:39 -0900

----- Original Message -----
From: Sean Crites <bdk@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, November 14, 2002 9:56 am
Subject: [juneau-lug] Re: really headless?

> Speaking of printing. I've read the how-to's and am still a little
> confused. The how-to seemed to address lpt1 printing, I've got a
> jetdirect card in my hp and use tcp/ip.
>
> Anyone have any insite or know of a how-to that addresses tcp/ip
> printing?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -sean

Sean,

What print system are you using, LPD or CUPS? I am using CUPS to print
to my  LaserJet 4 with a JetDirect card (thanks James!). After setting
up the card with an IP address, I used the add printer config tool for
CUPS and selected the type of printer as network/tcpip, then had it do a
search of the network to find it. Simple with CUPS. Not sure what to do
with LPD.

Chuck Hakari