[juneau-lug] Re: qmail installation follow up

  • From: Stephen <sbodnar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:13:57 -0900

>Hi,
>
>I found a neat little qmail script at http://lazyinstaller.net/ which does
>the following (instead of having to manually do a install)
>

>The features/patches you will have are:
>
>     * smtp / smtp+ssl
>     * pop3 / pop3+ssl
>     * imap / imap+ssl
>
>     * rbl filtering
>     * mailinglists
>     * webadministration tools
>     * Maildir quota
>     * Virtual domains
>     * smtp auth or pop/imap before smtp
>
>     * regular expressions for 'badmailfrom' and 'badmailto'
>     * Big concurrency patch
>     * valid dns on envelop sender
>     * tarpit support
>

>I don't know if this has everything that I manually put into a system, (I
>use a patched courier), and I don't use BINC imap, but... I would imagine
>that this would certainly save a lot of time for someone who doesn't know
>qmail or want to spend all the time modifying ./configure scripts :)
>
>-Myron

Great! I was just about to tackle the Qmail install. I got mired in
a fresh Fedora Core 1 install and getting the authoritative DNS up
and running before I could do the mail server (grumbling under breath
about why I stopped using RedHat years ago...I'll be posting a Fedora
update thread soon)

Stephen