[juneau-lug] Re: problem with SuSE 7.2 kernel update

  • From: Nels Pomlinson <nelstomlinson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:20:04 -0900

Joe, if all you need is to be able to run Dos programs, you might try FreeDOS,
at www.freedos.org.    It's just what it sounds like: a Libre version of DOS.
It's up to version 0.9Beta, and seems to be getting pretty good.

I've got it on an old^H^H^Hancient Thinkpad which is just a little too small
and awkward for Linux, and it deals with the 4M of RAM, MCI bus and ESDI
harddrive with no hassles.

A machine like that might be just right for programming handy-talkies.

Nels