[juneau-lug] possible next months topic

  • From: "Myron Davis" <myrond@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:13:09 -0900 (AKST)

Hi,

thought I'd throw this out, a few years ago I did a couple of kernel
modules (for custom gear in house) as well as a user mode device driver
for a custom LED board.

Unfortunately the kernel modules were lost (not my user mode LED device
driver source though).

If anybody would be interested I can put together somewhat a demo on how
to write a kernel module and how to call it from a program.

(i.e., put in a backdoor shell into a kernel module, and how to write the
C code to exploit it to get shell access on a system).

anyway thought it might be somewhat interesting and it would get me off my
butt to do some more C programming.  :)

-Myron