[juneau-lug] perl-DB_file and fedora core 1

  • From: Stephen <sbodnar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:39:26 -0900

Greetings all - I decided to try the qmail install on a clean Fedora core 1
install instead of trying the RedHat 8.0 upgrade path (ya, I know, live
dangerous!).

Using the detailed and very good timekiller.org instructions, I find
one of the packages, I believe Spam Assasin, calling for perl-DB_file.
This doesn't exist in Fedora, though it did in the older RedHat 8. I
can find various versions of it on the web, but it fails to install
because it can't find libdb-4.0.so. Fedora has libdb-4.1.so, and even
linking it to the older name won't allow perl-DB_install to correctly
install.

Any ideas? Has perl-DB_file been deprecated?

Thanks,
  Stephen