(no subject)

  • From: "james" <jfzuelow@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:25:32 -0800

Surplus Alert!

If you get to State Surplus this afternoon, look at the pallet of IBM
PC-350 boxes (Pentium 166).  Mixed in with these are a few PC-365, dual
Pentium Pro 200 boxes with NICs, 2.5 to 4.5GB hard drives (I powered up
four of them to see) and 32MB RAM each.  All have video, USB.  Only one
processor right now, and you'll need a VRM to install the second one.  $45
for these.

Also there is a Digital Celebris dual PII box on the shelves.  It has a
single PII 266 in it now, but is dual processor capable to 400MHz (meaning
it should be able to take most of the 100MHz Slot 1 processors).  It looks
like the VRM is included in this one, but I didn't have time to do a lot
of exploring.  I did pop the case and have a quick peek.  48MB RAM, and a
4GB hard drive.  On board NIC, video, USB.  $125 for this.