[juneau-lug] Re: networking help, please?

  • From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 07:20:15 -0800

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:42:14 -0800
"Nels Tomlinson" <nelstomlinson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does anyone have a clue about how I tell the box to ignore the ethernet
> card when pppd is active?
>
> Thanks,
> Nels

It has been a while (>1yr) since I've dealt with pppd, but there is a default
route option.  It sounds like this is not being set.  When you start pppd with
the default route option, it should reset the default route to point at the
modem on the other end of the line.

I'm off to work in a few minutes, but when I get back I'll look through my
config logs and see if I still have my old pppd configuration.