[juneau-lug] Re: monday meeting

  • From: Kevin Miller <Kevin_Miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:38:22 -0900

james.zuelow@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> It occurred to me this weekend that we don't seem to advertise
>> meetings very well.  Wonder if we should send a PSA to the local
>> radio stations so they can do a bit of promotion for the JLUG?  Are
>> we doing that already?
>>

>> ...Kevin
>
> Many moons ago I tried that with KTOO - didn't have much of an impact
> however.  You can e-mail them the info (link on www.ktoo.org) and
> they'll read it off in between shows, during breaks on Morning
> Edition & All Things Considered, etc.  Simple and easy!

KINY has a link too.  Kinda late this month, but if I remember next month
maybe send one in the Friday before so it'll play through the weekend and
Monday.  Probably the other stations have one too.  It might not have much
impact initially, but if we do it for a few months maybe it'll help spur
interest, especially if we mention www.jlug.org in the spot.  At least folks
will be aware that there is a lug here in Juneau.  I'll try to be on that
for April...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500