[juneau-lug] Re: mkinitrd

  • From: "James Zuelow" <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:52:49 -0900

----- Original Message -----
From: <chakari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 8:49 AM
Subject: [juneau-lug] mkinitrd

> James,
>
> I don't have any experience with this, but I believe that that Partimage
may do what you
> want. Check it out at http://www.partimage.org/
>
> Chuck

Partimage looks like it is a very nice tool, and I'll certainly look into
using it for my home network or the LUG boxes.  I see a partimage CD as an
excellent teaching tool - set up a box, let people mess with it however they
want to for demonstrations, etc. and at the end of the night quickly restore
it to a known state.  Perfect!

I'll have to find out if partimage supports the type 41 partition type that
PReP machines boot from before I can use it for my project, and figure out
exactly how to get information to disk to allow installation, but still let
the user partition the drive however they want.