[juneau-lug] Re: [juneau-lug]

  • From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 22:51:57 -0900

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 08:58:24 -0900
"Chuck Hakari" <chakari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If I bring my main system for the Gimp demo, I could also show Open Office
> and
> KOffice 1.2.
>
> Chuck Hakari

I'll have OpenOffice 1.0.1 on the office server that I bring in, but it will be
running Gnome not KDE - so KOffice 1.2 would be nice to compare.

The office setup will be the core setup a small office would use to give
everyone a Microsoft Office compatible office suite, e-mail and web browser on
the cheap.  (As in "Lets go to State Surplus" and not spend a dime on software
cheap.)*

*although it is of course nice to support your favorite distribution with some
cash (if not code) every now and again.