[juneau-lug] free anti-virus for linux and windows

  • From: "Myron Davis" <myrond@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 13:41:30 -0800 (AKDT)

Hi,

I've been using clamav for a while and I have been very satisifed with it
on the linux side.  Very fast updates and generally a very good scanner.

Recently there was a gui windows release of it
(http://clamwin.sourceforge.net/), it includes outlook integration as
well.  The scanner looks very very sharp.  I used to recommend
(AVG)grisoft.com for non-commercial usage virus scanning.  But now clamav
has released a GPL scanner.  This is an excellent exit strategy for those
stuck in norton other virus scan land.

-Myron

(btw, I'm also a mirror for clamav virus definitions too: clamav.xyxx.com,
http://www.clamav.net/mirrors.htm)