[juneau-lug] dd did it

  • From: Chuck Hakari <chakari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Juneau LUG <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:00:55 -0900

Myron,

The dd command did the trick. I haven't resized anything yet because I
going to see if I can mess it up by doing an upgrade from FC2 to FC3. I
had FC3 on the drive before this and it seems to be much faster than
FC2, but the install setup LVM, which I don't really need, though I
guess it wouldn't hurt anything. Also, the sound was screwed up, it
wouldn't shut down all the way (something to do with ACPI, I think) and
a few other minor items needed tweaking. Hopefully the upgrade goes o.k.

Chuck