[juneau-lug] Wireless -- Continued

  • From: "Eric M. Niewoehner" <eric.niewoehner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 15:34:55 -0800

Well -- decided to start at Layer 1 and double-check the hardware specs
at Dell.  I must have misread the specs or Dell pointed me in the wrong
direction the first time I did this, but I deciphered the hardware to be
Broadcom "1370".  I was pointed to the lspci command by another
contributor, which provided exact information on the hardware in my
system -- Broadcom 4318.
Turns out that 1370 refers to the True  Mobile class of the Dell
laptop.  The 43xx device driver was being integrated in the 2.6.17
version of Fedora Core 4, but it appears that it is not included in
Fedora Core 5.  I downloaded the device driver and attempted to
integrate the driver into the kernel -- again -- another brick wall.

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: eric.niewoehner.vcf