[juneau-lug] Re: Wireless Blues

  • From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 15:08:49 -0800

On Saturday 15 July 2006 11:13, Eric M. Niewoehner wrote:
> I have a Dell Latitude D610 and I have not been successful in activating
> the wireless. After downloading the necessary files, and following the
> steps outlined by Intel, there seems to be logjam on the IEEE80211
> subsystem code placement.  I was wondering if anyone had success with
> the Dell and could either meet with me and walk through the steps, or
> send me improved documentation.

You're looking for the IPW2200 drivers at http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net, and
it looks like you need a firmware file from
http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/firmware.php

You should be able to build and install the module with just a few command
lines, then copy the firmware to (usually) /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware

What distribution/kernel are you using?

What errors are you seeing?

Where did you get the kernel module? (Debian has a source package, other
distributions should as well.)