[juneau-lug] Re: Video DVD meeting topic

  • From: Mark Ashworth <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:50:27 -0800

James Zuelow wrote:
> Hmm.  I guess it's just a ferry ride away.

The 2 ferry a week schedule starts on May 1st so you can arrive on
Friday April 29th and go back on Tuesday May 2d.

> What kind of venue is it?  How many people would be interested?

It's like 10-20 LUG meetings going on at the same time all day long.
Admission is free. We usually have between 800-1000 technically oriented
people. There will be about 40 speakers broken up into 12 tracks with 4
sessions in each track. We also have a number of exhibit tables that
range from a few corporate sponsors to LUGs and "science projects".

The fest website has more info and links to reviews...
http://linuxfestnorthwest.org

Here's a preliminary schedule of people who have signed up to speak this
year. There is still room for a few more...
http://blug.org/prelim-schedule.dxp

I stil have to rearrange the sessions to take advantage of some new
rooms this year. The official schedule will go up on the fest website
early next week.

Here are the current exhibitors with room for lots more...
http://blug.org/prelim-exhibits.dxp?sort=sponsor

> never given a presentation for more than about 50 people.

Most of the rooms will hold 30-40 people. We have 3 larger rooms that
hold up to 99. They all have LCD projectors and internet connections.
We allocate 1.5 hrs per session but don't expect speakers to go for more
than one hour leaving a good break before the next speaker starts.

--Mark