[juneau-lug] Re: Vi for the truly ...

  • From: Nels Tomlinson <nelstomlinson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 05:59:22 -0900

I think that the ulitmate small editor, right now, might be joe.  Look
at http://packages.debian.org/stable/editors/joe.html .  I can be made
to look like emacs and pico (I'm not sure about vi), but the really
nifty part is that it can imitate Wordstar's keybindings.  If you
haven't used Wordstar on a Kaypro with an 8MHz Z80, you haven't seen
FAST wordprocessing.  Staroffice on a GHz Athlon just crawls by comparison.

Nels