[juneau-lug] Re: Verisign DNS goofiness

  • From: Kevin Miller <Kevin_Miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 07:03:15 -0800

While it might make one feel better, they are tracking who connects.  If it
looked like a DoS, they've indicated they'll go after people.  In the
MailScanner list someone suggested that mailservers be configured to bounce
any mail to them that resolves to their address.  Port 25 is open on that
machine, but not responsive.

Wouldn't it be great if it was actually a giant honeypot project to collect
spammer source addresses in disguise?  But that would be too good to be
true...

...Kevin
CBJ MIS Dept.               Network Systems Administrator, Mail
Administrator
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500