[juneau-lug] Re: Ubuntu anyone?

  • From: "Nels Tomlinson" <nels.tomlinson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:42:08 -0800

I'm using Ubuntu, and am just about fed up with Gnome, but I don't have wifi
on a laptop so can't help much with that.
I do know that the several generations of wifi (b and g and so on) use at
least two different frequencies.  It might be that the linux driver for your
particular wifi card only does one of those frequencies, and the Silverbow
does only the other?  You could investigate that by looking up the driver
for your card, and checking if it has any limitations.

Hope this helps.
Nels