[juneau-lug] Re: Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft

  • From: deadcats <deadcats@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 18:38:06 -0800

You know, this debate (not to mention the whole GNU/GPL3 stuff) is more than
I care to address. I just want my home machine to run the latest-n-greatest
with the least amount of hassle. If folks call me a user, so what--that be
me! :)
Reading the link, I realize that in geek-speak "Ubuntu" means "those that
can't run Debian." But what is Debian? If it means a set of packages that,
installed together, give the user no sense of identity, then I agree. Seems
rather bland to me...

And I'd bet I'm not the only one.

That being said, I still prefer Debian-based distros over all others. But I
may be different; I use Linux for learning and for fun. It's my "hobby"
(yeah sure, for 5 years its a hobby). But I'm lucky; it's not a job
requirement.

As far as rants go, this dude is always on my daily Blog-list:
http://www.beranger.org/

He's great! :)

regards,
-dc