[juneau-lug] Re: USB up and going

  • From: "James Zuelow" <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 22:32:31 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles R. Hakari" <chakari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2002 9:17 PM
Subject: [juneau-lug] USB up and going

> Speaking of printers, James, if you
> have that hp printer with the JetDirect card still around, I will take it
off
> your hands.
>
> Chuck Hakari

It's yours.  It's a postscript printer, so you should be able to just
connect it to a parallel port and make a printcap entry without any
problems.

However, the ink cartridges no longer work.  I was messing with it and
accidentally powered it off the wrong way (remove cord from wall -
effective).  The ink cartridges weren't parked and so the heads dried out.
(I haven't tried warm water or anything at all to get them working again, so
they may recover.)

I also have an Appletalk only HP Jet-Direct card for anyone with a lot of
Macs.  If nobody wants it I'll give it to the Mac user group.