[juneau-lug] USB up and going

  • From: "Charles R. Hakari" <chakari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 21:17:52 -0800

I gave up on getting gphoto2 working, so I bought a Lexar Smartmedia Reader
from Freddie's and configured my kernel for USB. I had a few false starts,
but finally got things working correctly. It's very nice having a hotplug USB
card reader.....so much faster than downloading the images using the supplied
serial cable for my Olympus D-360L! Now all I need is a good photo quality
printer. I am thinking about getting the Epson C80 that Costo has in stock.
Anyone had experience with this printer? Speaking of printers, James, if you
have that hp printer with the JetDirect card still around, I will take it off
your hands.

Chuck Hakari