[juneau-lug] Trying to mount 4GB USB drive on Debian Stable

  • From: "Nels Tomlinson" <nels.tomlinson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 09:35:58 -0800

Hello, All,
I'm trying to mount a 4GB Sandisk Cruzer USB drive on Debian Stable.  I was
able to copy a file to it on my Windows machine at work, which told me that
the filesystem is FAT32.

On my Debian Stable box at home, I can't mount it.  Lsusb shows that it is
plugged in, and fdisk reports the correct information for /dev/sda, with no
partitions.  When I try to mount it, mount tells me ``wrong filesystem type,
...''.  Less /proc/filesystems shows that my box supports vfat, but doesn't
mention fat.  I think that the vfat should work with fat, right?

Does anyone have any ideas for what I should try to get it mounted?

Thanks,

Nels