[juneau-lug] Toby's State Surplus News #4

  • From: Toby <tobysam@xxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 21:02:42 -0900

I was only in there for about ten minutes today right at closing time today.
There didn't appear to be much in the way of new equipment, but I didn't get
a chance to go through thoroughly. What I did notice:

Compaq: Several of those nice deskpros I talked about last week are left. I
picked up one that has a pentium 166, 128mb ram, a 6.5 gig and a 2.5 gig
hardrive, and a 4x cd drive. Very nice machine. Currently running NT4.

HP: There was an HP Netserver in a cool little compact case that I spied on
my way out, but didn't get a good look at it, except that it has onboard
SCSI and a 10mb NIC.

Printers: There are a couple of nice looking HP laser printers. I didn't get
a close look at them though. I think they were Laserjet IIs or IIIs. Small
form factor.

Monitors: There's a 21inch viewsonic that looks brand new, except someone
wrote in magic marker on the top that "Green Burned out". Whatever that
means. It's marked at $5. I was going to check it out, but it didn't have a
cable attached ;(

There are also about 40 15inch monitors  and three or four 17inch ones.
There's also a sun 17inch monitor with some weird connector on it.

There are a bunch of 10baseT hubs sitting on the shelf, and a couple of
token ring MAUs. The MAUs might make nice compact rack mount cases...just a
thought.

Ebay: Very nice KVM 1x16 switch for those of you with a lot of systems.
Comes with cables and all.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1299326971

That's it I guess. Happy thanksgiving!

Toby