[juneau-lug] Toby's State Surplus News #3

  • From: Toby <tobysam@xxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:29:25 -0900

Gateway - G5/166: 8 or 10 units. Ram varies from 16mb to 96mb. I noticed at
least one SCSI card. Would make a good server.

Dell - nothing that great.

Compaq - lots of junk, but there are a couple of Deskpro/166 that have 128mb
of ram and 6 gig hardrives. CD bootable. Very nice. There are a few prolinea
servers with onboard SCSI raid systems. They're all proprietary looking
though.

Norcom - nothing special, though they are complete for the most part. If you
want a cheap DNS or DHCP server...

IBM - Some 486s. I didn't look at them really.

HO - buncha vectra workstions. Many of these are dual processor capable. I
didn't pop any open. More info next week.

Apple - buncha 6030/40 machines. Lots of peripheral cables.

Monitors - tons of nice looking 15" deals. A couple of gateway 17" ones too.

Printers - There are a couple of HP and Xerox printers that could use some
parts, but mostly junk.

Furniture - Lots of various chairs, desks, tables, and some nifty swinging
monitor/keyboard holders for those of you who want to surf while in bed 8)

Networking - some nice 10baseT hubs. Lots of token ring cable and hubs. One
Cisco 2916EN switch IOS v.11.2...oh wait, I'm thinking of Ebay..!

Summary - If you want a good NT or Linux workstation, grab a deskpro (check
it FIRST!). Otherwise, don't bother. Well actually, I'd leave that up to
your judgment.

Should I keep sending this to the linux list, or would you guys like me to
set up my own list?

Toby

PS If anyone has any HP Vectra ram, I'm looking to buy or trade for some.