[juneau-lug] Re: Time server..

  • From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 19:48:55 -0800

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:39:08 -0800
Tom Pittman <pittman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> James,
>    Is time.juneau-lug.org no longer operaational?
> --
> Tom.

It should be - at least I know it was up Tuesday.  One of the servers at work
was using it to set the clock when it booted.  I can query it with ntpq, but
now I'm behind my firewall.

If you tried to get to it during or just after the power outage today, that
particular server is one of the last ones to come up on my network - it's an
IBM PC server and is obsessive about checking the RAM v.e.r.y...s.l.o.w.l.y
when it boots.  It takes a good four and a half minutes for the RAM check alone.

And I've been losing network connectivity every so often - the GCI techs say
that my cable modem needs to be swapped out, which I haven't gotten around to
doing yet.