[juneau-lug] Re: Surplus

  • From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 17:12:27 -0900

On 11 Jan 2003 13:31:28 -0900
"Stephen" <Stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I haven't paid much attention to the printer selection lately.  Has
> anyone seen any network laser printers at surplus? Don't need color.
> But prefer a workhorse.

Almost all of the HP Laserjet printers that are down there are network
capable.  Sometimes you'll find a smaller Laserjet that isn't network
capable, but I don't think the State buys many of those.  (Maybe the
non-network ones sit next to a commissioner's desk or something.)

While most of the printers are network capable, you'll occasionally
find printers that have had their network cards removed.  I picked up
a Lexmark Optra printer that they had pulled the NIC from before it
went to surplus.  And then sometimes people will pull the NICs from a
printer while they're looking at it, and "forget" to put it back
again.