[juneau-lug] Surplus

  • From: "James Zuelow" <jamesz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:11:01 -0800

Not a lot new at surplus.  There is a raid array box down there for $15.
It looks pretty large - at least 20 drives capacity, although I didn't
open it up all the way to count.  68 pin ultra-wide SCSI judging by the
cables.

Of course the 17" monitor selection continues to grow.  1 for $45, or 2
for $50.

There is a Dell Optiplex desktop on the top shelf of the computer area -
350MHz Pentium II, 4.3GB hard drive, built in 10/100 NIC.  Asking price
is $110, which seems steep to me.  However the nice thing about the box
is that a 350MHz PII means that it has a 100MHz bus, which can go as
high as a slot 1 1GHz PIII if you have the CPU.

The Gateway PII 233 & 266 boxes are all down to around $50 each.  These
make nice OpenOffice workstations, especially if you replace the
processor with a faster Celeron (400 or so).

I picked up another HP JetDirect card (J2552), and some odd video cards
dating from '96 & '97.

Enjoy!