[juneau-lug] SuSE 7.3 YAST2 Update warning

  • From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 11:52:15 -0900 (AKST)

Just a word of caution for anyone running SuSE 7.3 with Postfix &
Amavis-Postfix - expect to do some tweaking if you update your system with
Yast.  I did that today, and it broke for several minutes while I repaired
the update.

I had to restore my main.cf (luckily I had a backup!), as the update
removed any references to zuelow.net.  Strangely, everything else I've
modified was still there - so YAST did not just replace my main.cf with a
stock version as some .rpm's will do.  It just removed any reference to my
domain name, causing mail to bounce with relay-not-allowed errors.

Amavis also did not work right away - the errors indicated a syntax error
somewhere in the Amavis script itself:

Feb 17 11:48:35 Hobbes postfix/pipe[20334]: A724C3AB4:
to=<e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>, relay=vscan, delay=4, status=bounced (Command
 died with status 32: "/usr/sbin/amavis". Command output: Bareword found
where operator expected at /usr/sbin/amavis line 875
, near "2yes"  (Missing operator before yes?) String found where operator
expected at /usr/sbin/amavis line 881, near "do_log
(0,""   (Might be a runaway multi-line "" string starting on line 875)
(Missing semicolon on previous line?) Bareword found
where operator expected at /usr/sbin/amavis line 881, near
"do_log(0,"Virus" String found where operator expected at /usr/sbi
n/amavis line 889, near "return 0 if ($SENDER eq ""   (Might be a runaway
multi-line "" string starting on line 881)  (Missin
g semicolon on previous line?) Bareword found where operator expected at
/usr/sbin/amavis line 889, near "" or $entity->head-
>get("Precedence"  (Missing operator before Precedence?) String found
where operator expected at /usr/sbin/amavis line 891, n
ear "open(MAIL, ""   (Mig

The log entry ends there, so I'm assuming it filled the buffer and there
is more.  For now I've turned off Amavis until I find the issue.  If you
rely on Amavis, don't upgrade it yet!