[juneau-lug] Re: Stephen, a question about that PowerPC

  • From: "Andrew" <celloandy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 15:30:15 -0800

I've run Gentoo on PPC machines.  They provide bootdisks, and have a couple
of ppc kernels available (ppc-sources and benh-sources, I think).  I didn't
boot directly from the Gentoo CD, though... I installed a clean MacOS, then
used BootX to boot the Gentoo CD.  Also, you just need to use mac-fdisk to
see partitions, instead of regular fdisk.
Andrew