[juneau-lug] Re: Speaking of Samba

  • From: Edward Hansen <jeremyh@xxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 22:40:28 -0900

Myron,

No, I am using ext3, I am going to try xfs instead if I can't resolve
my issues with ext3.  It may also be software RAID causing problems but
I doubt it.  I think that samba-2.2.5 w/ xfs will work fairly
flawlessly and that will give me full posix style acl support as well.
Anyways, I'll go try these things out and get back to you all in the
next couple of days.

Thanks,
Jeremy

PS.  My build at work I had excellent luck with stability it was a
redhat 7.3 w/ xfs and samba (ver?) on a compaq 1.6ghz w/ a single 40gb
hdd and 512 mb ram.  This box I have at home is a 1.1ghz w/ raid1 /boot
and a raid 0 / partition.