[juneau-lug] Re: Space Available on Hard Drive

  • From: "Dan Zachary at KRSA" <linux@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 12:45:26 -0800

Thanks, Sean.

Just what I was looking for.

Now, is there a limit to the size of a hard drive that linux will see?

I installed a 10.2 Gig hard drive on Red Hat 7.1  Fdisk seemed to give me a
partition that was by default 8 Gig in size.  And a second partition at a
little over 2 Gig.  Where these sized chosen to make best use of the cluster
size?

Most of what I am saving on this hard drive at LARGE audio files.  Would it
be possible to specify a larger cluster size to get more total available
space?

I'm thinking that if I were to install a 30 or 60 Gig hard drive, and I
would want to see the whole thing as one drive, but if most of the files are
huge files 1 Meg and larger, then it might not matter that a cluster
represents a major chunk of landscape.

Dan

From: "Dan Zachary at KRSA" <linux@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, September 7, 2001 12:11 pm