[juneau-lug] Solaris 8 for Intel

  • From: "Roger Clifford" <rrcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 20:56:41 -0900

Does anyone happen to have the Solaris 8 CDs for an Intel platform? They
used to be a free download from SUN but now that they have suspended
development for Solaris on Intel platforms (cost-cutting move) you can
only get the disks by paying for them. I'm thinking about taking the
exam so it would be nice to have the OS at home to play with. I was also
wondering if anyone has any experience (good or bad) with SUN PC
Netlink. Netlink basically allow you to have an NT Domain within a
Solaris environment all on the same SUN Server. No need for Samba just a
PC card. Sounds cool but I wonder if it really, really works!

Roger