[juneau-lug] Re: Slackware 7.1

  • From: "James Zuelow" <jamesz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 14:25:26 -0900

----- Original Message -----
From: "Toby" <tobysam@xxxxxx>
To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 2:03 PM
Subject: [juneau-lug] Slackware 7.1
>At the end of the installation it prompted me on how I wanted to
> set up LILO. I picked the option to create a floppy disk. I couldn't get
it
> to create a floppy disk, so I decided to do that later. I rebooted the
> system, and now it won't do anything, except load from the slackware
bare.i
> floppy I created.
I always put lilo on the hard drive mbr.  It sounds like you created a 'boot
disk required' situation - server admins do that a lot to (help) keep
control over the server (it won't boot without the floppy).  But when you
had trouble creating the boot floppy, something got messed up.

 Running off that, I can't mount anything from the
> hardrive, or run the install CD. It does recognise that both are there.
The
> hardrive is formatted in 4096b blocks. Does that make any difference?

It recognises them, but won't let you mount them?  What error messages do
you get?