[juneau-lug] Re: Setting up Linux boxes for sale to newbies

  • From: "James Zuelow" <jamesz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 12:36:57 -0800

The Netscape plugin site for Netscape 7.0 works.  In fact, the Mozilla
help files include a link to the Netscape site - plugins.netscape.com or
something like that.  (I'm at work and don't have a Linux machine with
Mozilla handy.)

I needed the Java plugin for a Mozilla install at home, and using the
links supplied by Mozilla's help it was installed using the Netscape
site more or less automatically.  All I needed to do was search for what
I wanted (java), select my architecture (i386) and OS (Linux), and then
it installed it by itself in a few minutes.