[juneau-lug] Re: Samba

  • From: "James Zuelow" <jamesz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 08:24:39 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Zachary Family" <dzachary@xxxxxxxxx>

> What would the corresponding net resource name look like in Windows or on
> MsDos LanMan?
>
> //My.Linux/mike
>
> ???
>
> or for example on a dos machine would I type
>
> net use e: //my.linux/mike

On a Win9x machine you would right click on Network Neighborhood or My
Computer and select 'map network drive.'  From there you would select your
drive letter and set the share to be //my.linux/mike.  Since it is
browseable, you should be able to browse to it as well as type it in
manually.

What sort of login do you have set up on the WinME box - Windows Family, or
Client for Microsoft Networks?  IIRC you need the latter for Windows to
provide the username correctly.  (Although I have recalled wrongly before.)

Cheers,

James Z.