[juneau-lug] SAMBA The Other Way Around

  • From: "Zachary Family" <dzachary@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 07:34:27 -0800

My previous post dealt with seeing Linux from the MS World.  Now how about
seeing the MS World from Linux. I have not come across instructions in the
SAMBA literature or the Red Hat Linux material that explains how I would
connect from Linux to the Windows or DOS machines.  I realize that the DOS
machine might not be possible unless I install a server component there..
but the windows machines are configured to share both their c-drives and the
printers.

My first guess is that I need to MOUNT a network drive or printer, but the
instructions about MOUNT deal with mounting a physical drive, floppy, hard
or CDROM etc.

Where do I look?  What's next?

Dan