[juneau-lug] SAMBA

  • From: Dan Zachary at KRSA <linux@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Juneau Linux <Juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 14:40:50 -0800

Thanks, James.

Sorry to hear about your 800 messages in one day.  I would not read them
all if I got that many either.

-------

Linux connects to WinME, but only in Read Only mode.  What did I
forget?  Do I HAVE to have a username and password for access in Write
mode?

If I try to connect from Linux to Windows ME and I make a mistake on the
password the connect is not complete and there is nothing to display,
but next time I try to connect I get an error message because it seems
to think that this is a connection.  If I try umount -a it cannot
unmount the connection.  I seem to be stuck between a mount and a
umount.  Is there a way for force a umount without rebooting the
computer?

Dan

--
Dan Zachary