[juneau-lug] Re: Running homebrew video DVD's

  • From: "Kevin Miller" <Kevin_Miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 08:54:58 -0900

Chuck Hakari wrote:
> Jamie,
>=20
> Right now I am just making up a slideshow without sound. The first
> slideshow was created using KMediaFactory. It uses DVDAuthor,
> DVD-Slideshow, mjpegtools, etc, etc. It added the menus and got
> everything into mpeg2. I chose to have it setup a K3b videoDVD
> project,=20
> so it launches K3b and I'm ready to burn.
>=20
> I also am trying out QDVDAuthor. It uses all the same tools as
> KMediaFactory. It is a bit more work, but it is more flexible in
> setting=20
> things up your way.
>=20
> I have made VCD's that worked fine, so I'm a bit bummed that I can't
> get=20
> a DVD to work on anything but XP.
>=20
> I may try and burn a project with XCDRoast and ProDVD. Looks like a
> bit=20
> more work, but if I get a usable DVD......
>=20
> I have that issue of Linux Journal...good info!
>=20
> Chuck

Might also check out
http://www.digitalfaq.com/dvdguides/capture/understandsource.htm and
gspot http://www.headbands.com/gspot/ which is a Windows app that may
tell you why it won't run on w2k...

...Kevin
--=20
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500