[juneau-lug] Re: Running homebrew video DVD's

  • From: Chuck Hakari <chakari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 20:17:31 -0900

Jamie,

Right now I am just making up a slideshow without sound. The first
slideshow was created using KMediaFactory. It uses DVDAuthor,
DVD-Slideshow, mjpegtools, etc, etc. It added the menus and got
everything into mpeg2. I chose to have it setup a K3b videoDVD project,
so it launches K3b and I'm ready to burn.

I also am trying out QDVDAuthor. It uses all the same tools as
KMediaFactory. It is a bit more work, but it is more flexible in setting
things up your way.

I have made VCD's that worked fine, so I'm a bit bummed that I can't get
a DVD to work on anything but XP.

I may try and burn a project with XCDRoast and ProDVD. Looks like a bit
more work, but if I get a usable DVD......

I have that issue of Linux Journal...good info!

Chuck