[juneau-lug] Re: RedHat 7.3

  • From: Chuck Hakari <chakari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 16:46:54 -0800

Congrats on being Windows free! I am almost there...I still run a few Win3.1
apps in a Win-OS/2 session. While I really like OS/2, I would drop it if I
could get a Linux word processor that would read Lotus Word Pro documents, a
vector graphics program that would import Micrographx Designer files and a
database program that would bring in a complete MS Access Database, including
reports. May be a while before that happens.

My RedHat system is running very smoothly on my upgraded Athlon XP1600 system.
I especially enjoy working in KDE 3.0....it works very well compared to KDE
2.2. If Mandrake 8.2 had KDE 3.0 and defaulted to an ext3 file system, I
would be tempted to give it a try.

> On the same line of thought, I've got SuSe 8.0.  Does anyone want a
> copy? Libranet 1.9? Mandrake 8.2?
>
> Oh, BTW .......................I am now WINDOWS FREE.
> WooooHoooooooooooooooo  -Jim

Chuck Hakari