[juneau-lug] Re[4]: Update Stuff

  • From: James Zuelow <jfzuelow@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 18:11:37 -0800 (AKDT)

On Sat, 14 Jul 2001 22:28:23 -0800 JBarber <barber@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> OK, I get the hint. Subtle though it was. :) I would love some help on the
> web page. I haven't updated it in quite some time.  I would like to keep the
> same theme though. Not necessarily the one we have now, but definitely a
> page with a sameness that shows on every page. What we could do is maybe
> assign a separate page to different individuals.

I'll copy the HTML source to use as a template, and do a writeup of
work on my Sharp PC-8700.  I have X and WindowMaker installed, and
that's about it.  I am still having trouble with the screen going
black every time something changes on the display (say I open an
application - the screen will go black until I move the mouse or touch
a key.  Then the screen comes back, with the new window displayed.)
And I haven't looked at the sound yet, which is important.  This
machine will eventually become an OpenH323 intercom, so my wife can
talk to me while I'm downstairs in the 'server room'.

That's one page.  Another tech page will be getting OpenBSD to run on
a Quadra 630.  I'm not sure it will work, although NetBSD runs on a
Quadra 630 (The OpenBSD 68k Mac list just says "most" of what NetBSD
runs.  Since the Quadra 630 uses an IDE hard drive instead of SCSI,
I'm thinking it may not).  Right now I'm at the stage where I've
downloaded System 7 on floppy disk images, so I can put a new hard
drive into the Quadra and start from scratch - no CD to play with.)
I'll ask the guys at the Mac user's group if it is possible to get two
ethernet cards working on the box.  If so, I'll set it up as a cable
modem firewall.  If not, I'll find an external modem for it and set it
up as a dialup firewall.

Who will volunteer for the newsletter page?

Who will volunteer to maintain the calendar?

If we can just send Jim pre-written HTML pages, he can upload them to
the site.