[juneau-lug] Re: Projector for Meeting

  • From: "James Zuelow" <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 11:00:12 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: <chakari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 10:48 AM
Subject: [juneau-lug] Projector for Meeting

> James,
>
> I have use of a projector that will handle 1024x768 or maybe a little
> higher. It also has a remote for the mouse, a pointer, etc.

That would be very nice.  The projector I was planning on using has been on
a field trip to Ketchikan, and I don't know for sure that it's back yet.

> If you think that we will need a little filler for the meeting, I can
> bring in my system. I just installed KDE 3.0, so I can show it off, as
> well as give a quick look at some of the things I have in Blender.

Bring it down.  I'd like to see the Blender stuff (KDE as well, but I find
that I do all of my work from Windows using Putty these days.)

> I also burned two copies of DemoLinux, a distribution that boots from a
> cdrom and installs itself into a ramdisk so users of other operating
> systems can give Linux a try without actually having to install it.

I will also have RedHat 7.2, SuSE 7.3 and Slackware 8.0 (which I have not
yet tried) available.  I'm debating downloading Debian 2.2r6, but leaning
towards waiting for the official Woody isos before I do.  I still have 3GB
left on my download quota for April though...