[juneau-lug] Re: Printer 2

  • From: Mark Neyhart <Mark_Neyhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 14:18:43 -0900

> Larry Hurlock wrote:
> Fellas,
>
> localhost:631 shows:

> Location:larry-desktop
> Driver:HP LaserJet 1150 hpijs, 3.10.2 (color, 2-sided printing)
>
> Connection:hp:/par/hp_LaserJet_1150?device=/dev/parport0
> Defaults:job-sheets=none, none media=na_letter_8.5x11in sides=one-sided
> I double-checked, and the page I was trying to print is a very fine script,
> and
> yes some is color.  If I recall, I could ramp up the HP while on Win98 to
> darken
> most everything I wanted, but unless something jumps out at you I am going to
> put the issue on the back burner for now.
>
> Larry
>
> PS:  I thought my machine is localhost, so what does localhost:631 signify?

 Your machine is localhost.  The :631 specifies the port number that
 your CUPS server is listening on.

 The laserjet 1150 does not appear to support postcript printing, so my
 earlier suggestion during the meeting about installing it with an HP
 provided .PPD file would not be possible.

 Sorry I can't be any more help.