[juneau-lug] Other power outage problems

  • From: Nels Tomlinson <nelstomlinson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 22:13:26 -0800

Hi, all,

I'm just now getting around to dealing with the backlog of email
resulting from that last power outage.

When I tried to turn on my main machine after the outage, I found that
it will light up all the lights, spin up the fans, and proceed normally
for about five seconds. Then the power supply shuts down. I thought that
there was a problem with the momentary contact switch which controls
power through the motherboard, so I removed it and turned on the power
with a screwdriver to the motherboard (obviously, it's an ATX power
supply). Same results.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Does anyone have a power
supply suited to an Athlon (300 to 400 Watts), for trouble-shooting?

Thanks,
Nels