[juneau-lug] Re: OpenOffice.org 1.0

  • From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 00:39:59 -0800 (AKDT)

On Mon, 13 May 2002, Tom Pittman wrote:

> I finally got a good download of OOo_1.0.0_source.tar.gz
> (MD5sums check out) and unzipped/untarred it with tar -xzvf,
> but I can't find the install script.  The instructions I read
> lead me to expect a "setup" script in ~/apps/oo_1.0_src.  I've
> searched around some of the subdirectories, but can't seem to
> find anything appropriate.
>
> I've gotta be missing something...

Go to ~/apps/oo_1.0_src/config_office.  There run ./configure.  (The
configure script will put the bootstrap script in ~/apps/oo_1.0_src/
for you.)  This is theory - when I try to build from source on Debian 3.0,
I get a bad interpreter error when I try to run the script.

It's a funny way of doing it - usually the configure script is in the top
level directory of the source code.  The way they have it set up, you have
to cd down into config_office and then cd back up to do the install.  I'm
guessing they didn't just put a symlink in the top level because the code
has to compile on Windows as well as *nix.  (Well, it *should* compile on
*nix.)