[juneau-lug] Re: October meeting

  • From: "Sean Hegar" <hegarhus@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 10:28:37 -0900

hello Pascal
the thing with winxp is that it has a hard time sharing the MBR. A couple of
ways to do this.   make sure that when you set up your partitions be sure
and give your xp partision a mount point   /Winxp.  When asked where to
istall your boot loader you have a couple of options,  your mbr or you /boot
partition.  you will of had to set one up. I ran into  a similar  problem
only it wouldnt let me boot to redhat.  finally loaded xp on first then
redhat 8.0, made sure and mounted my xp parttition, loaded grub onto the mbr
and also looked to see that i had winxp as an option,  and it worked.
the other thinng to think about is if you plan on sharing fles with *nix and
a ntfs file system,  you might have to check your distro and make sure that
it has support for it.  i finally istalled winxp pro on a fat32 file system
that might have been the difference.
good luck
 Sean