[juneau-lug] Re: November Meeting

  • From: Jamie <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 22:41:15 -0900

Hello Charles,

I'd be interested in your GIMP tutorials.  I've worked through some
tutorials but know that there is a more depth there.  I still want to
spend some time Grokking the GIMP but like a lot of my reading it is
still waiting for a non-busy, rainy day.

I picked up a Garmin ETrex Legend this summer and have been toying with
GPSDrive and GSPPoint.  In fact I took the kids geocahcing this
afternoon out by the glacier.  We've been having a lot of fun with it.
In downloading the waypoints and tracks I found a bug in the perl script
that converts the data for GPSDrive.  If that's any use to you - I'll
dig it out and send it.  Also I'm perplexed as to a map syncing error in
GPSDrive that consistently throws off my position (maybe 400 ft WNW).  I
see the same error in MS Streets & Trips.  Anyways lets compares notes
sometime - at a JLUG meeting or otherwise.

Did you also have to get a usb to serial cable?  My laptop has no serial
ports.  Also I travel to the northern part of the lp (Roscommon) every
summer to visit family.  Where do you go?

-Jamie

Browns Homepage (new pics 6Nov2004) http://jdb.homelinux.net